Buko salad or Fruit Cocktail salad mixed with Young Coconut strips.Jump to Recipe
Buko Salad is a Filipino dessert made of fruit cocktail salad with young coconut strips, condensed milk and cream.
This Buko Salad recipe is very quick and easy to make and is deliciously sweet! This recipe only has four ingredients and there is no cooking required.
I usually make this on special occasions such as Christmas Eve or Noche Buena. With a lot of cooking going on in the kitchen, it’s a bit of a breather as it is so easy to make.
Canned Fruit Cocktail or Fresh Fruits
I used canned fruit cocktail for this recipe but fresh fruits can also be used whichever you prefer. You may mix strawberries, pineapples, grapes, cherries and peaches, to name a few.
The ratio of condensed milk to all purpose cream is 1:2. For every one cup of condensed milk, you’ll need two cups of cream. You may adjust and add more cream if it’s too sweet for your taste.
You might ask, why add coconut strips? Well, why not? The coconut strips add some crunch and give a tropical vibe on every bite. I used one frozen pack (454 grams) of young coconut strips, thawed and drained.
The other ingredients you may add are nata de coco (coconut gel) or kaong (palm fruit).
Can’t wait to try out this recipe? Here it is:
- 1 can Condensed milk (370 ml)
- 2 cans all purpose cream 2 x 370ml
- 1 can fruit cocktail salad (796 ml) drained
- 1 pack coconut strips (454 grams) thawed and drained
- Mix all ingredients in a big bowl.
- Transfer the mixture on a container and cover with lid or plastic wrap
- Put in the fridge and chill for 3-4 hours , or put in the fridge for 1 hour,
- You may add coconut gel (nata de coco) or kaong (palm fruit).
- The milk ratio is 1:2. One part of condensed milk for every 2 parts of all purpose cream. You may add more cream according to your taste.
- You may use fresh fruits instead of the canned fruit salad, and fresh young coconut strips instead of the frozen one.