I always ignore the Salmon fish heads whenever I see these in the Supermarket. I always thought, “Who would eat the fish heads?”.
This thinking had changed a whole lot when I’ve had tasted the deep fried Salmon fish heads in a restaurant on Pembina. I was so amazed and surprised by the succulent taste the very first time I’ve tried it. The Salmon cheeks’ fatty goodness melts in my mouth. It is so delicious!
I thought to myself that I had to cook it at home as the buffet price is so pricey. So, I bought the Salmon fish heads and fried these with batter. It turned out the same taste as I had it at the restaurant!
This recipe is definitely a must try! Serve it hot, with or without any dipping sauce. Best if served with Ginger Soy sauce. Follow the link here.
Deep Fried Salmon Head
- 2 pcs Salmon head cleaned
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (per Salmon head)
- a pinch Salt (per Salmon head)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups oil for frying
- Clean the Salmon heads, remove the gills and pat dry. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper per fish head.
- Place your pot over the stove top. Turn on to medium heat. Put oil in the pot no more than half full.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, water, salt and pepper. Mix the batter well until smooth.
- Dip the fish in the batter and shake off any excess before frying. Fry the fish until golden brown.
- Drain the fish on paper towel. Serve hot. Best if served with Ginger Soy sauce. Follow the link here.