This is my favorite dipping sauce for fish balls or squid balls. The sauce is very easy to make. Just toss all the ingredients in the saucepan, heat it up and let it boil. Once boiling, simmer for 4-6 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
I divide the sauce in half. One part is for my husband (he’s not into spicy foods) and the other part is for me as I like the sauce to be spicy. I’ve added about 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes to the sauce.
Try this recipe. I hope you’ll love it!
Fishball Sauce (Manong’s Fishball Sauce)
- 2-3 cloves Garlic Chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 7 1/2 tablespoons Demerara brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Soysauce
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Iodized salt
- A pinch Ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon red onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili flakes or to taste ( i divide the sauce in half and put the chili flakes on one part only)
- In a saucepan, mix all the ingredients until well blended
- Put the saucepan on the stovetop. Turn on the stove to medium heat. Let it boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until the sauce thickens