Jump to Recipe
Corn Pudding with Tapioca or Sago Pearls and Jackfruit
I have been craving for ginataang mais so I’ve decided to cook it for our mirienda. My husband requested that I add sago and jackfruit as he says it’s boring if I only put corn kernels.
And so upon my husband’s request, I cooked the Ginataang
Give this recipe a try and let me know!
Ginataang Mais with Sago at Langka
- 1/2 cup Sweet Rice
- 2 cans Coconut milk 400 ml per can
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1 cup Corn kernels I used frozen corn kernels
- 1/8 tsp salt iodized
- 1/2 cup sago or tapioca pearls cooked
- 1/2 cup jackfruit/ langka I used canned jackfruit
- 1. In a pot, wash the sweet rice twice and drain. 2. Pour the 2 cans of coconut milk, 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water into the pot. MIx well. 3. Place the pot on the stove top and turn on to medium heat. Let it boil. 4. Once boiling, lower the heat and add 1 cup of corn kernels and 1/8 teaspoon of salt into the mixture. 5. Stir and cover the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. 6. Add the cooked tapioca or sago and jackfruit. How to cook the tapioca or sago pearls: – On another pot, boil about 600 ml of water – Once the water is boiling, pour 1/2 cup of tapioca and cook for 3 minutes – the tapioca pearls will float once cooked. Drain the water. 7. Mix well and serve hot