(Perfect sauce for Fried Fish!)Jump to Recipe
This is the perfect sauce for almost any fried fish. I had tasted this ginger soy sauce in a Chinese-Vietnamese Restaurant when we ordered a Deep Fried Pickerel. The taste of ginger in the sauce removes the fishy taste and complements the dish. The crispy fish dipped in the sauce tastes so delicious!
This ginger soy sauce recipe is so simple to make and will definitely make your fried fish taste extraordinary.
Season and Fry the Fish until Crispy
I used Basa Steak for the recipe video. I seasoned the fish with salt and ground black pepper and fried until crispy. You may use any fish you like, Salmon, Pickerel, Tilapia or Basa Steak are all perfect for this recipe. Set aside on a serving platter.
While frying the fish, prepare the ingredients for the soy sauce mixture. In a small bowl, mix well the sesame oil, soy sauce, water, sugar and spring onions. You may also add ground black pepper according to taste.
Saute the Ginger strips and add in the Soy Sauce Mixture
Heat the pan, add cooking oil and saute the ginger strips until fragrant. Once the ginger is fragrant, you may now pour the soy sauce mixture and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, turn off the heat. Pour the Ginger Soy sauce over the Fried Fish platter. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
Try this recipe. I hope you’ll also like it!
Ginger Soy Sauce for Fried Fish
Soy Sauce Mixture
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 3 tbsps Soy Sauce – I used Marca Piña Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsps Water
- 2 tbsps White granulated sugar
- 3 stalks Spring onions cut lengthwise or chopped – can be mixed in with the soysauce mixture or serve as toppings
- black pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil vegetable oil or canola oil
- a thumb ginger julienned or cut into strips
- Mix all the ingredients for the soy sauce mixture (Sesame oil, Soysauce, Water, Sugar and Spring Onions) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the frying pan or sauce pan on stove top.
- Once the pan is hot, pour about 1 tablespoon of oil on the pan
- Saute the ginger until fragrant. Pour the soy sauce mixture on the pan. Turn off the heat once it boils.
- Pour the ginger soysauce over the fried fish. Top it with spring onions if you have not put it yet with the soysauce mixture.