Fishball Sauce (Manong's Fishball Sauce)
This sauce can be used not only for fishballs, but also for squid balls, or kwek-kwek.
- 2-3 cloves Garlic Chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 7 1/2 tablespoons Demerara brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Soysauce
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Iodized salt
- A pinch Ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon red onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili flakes or to taste ( i divide the sauce in half and put the chili flakes on one part only)
In a saucepan, mix all the ingredients until well blended
Put the saucepan on the stovetop. Turn on the stove to medium heat. Let it boil.
Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until the sauce thickens
If you want the sauce to be spicy, divide the sauce into two bowls and add chili flakes on one part. You now have 2 bowls of fishball sauce. One is sweet and the other is sweet and spicy.
You may also add chopped red onions to taste.